We are looking for Venue Services Casual Colleagues to join our busy team of Supervisors to be responsible for the cleaning, setup and breakdown of sets, staging and seating for events.
The Venue Services Casuals will work within the Venues Services Team and will be responsible in supporting the setup and breakdown of sets, staging and seating for events at the Brighton Centre, to undertake cleaning duties as directed, both internally and externally, to operate equipment relevant to cleaning or movement of resources throughout the venue.
About the role
The Brighton Centre is an internationally known venue of considerable scale; it hosts conferences, events, exhibitions, meetings, festivals and concerts with a capacity of up to 5,500. The Brighton Centre sells in the region of 250,000 tickets per annum for its live entertainment programme consisting of approximately 90 live performances and holds on average 20 major conventions per year, amounting to a combined total of approximately 220 occupied event days per annum. This contributes to an annual economic impact to the City of Brighton & Hove of circa £1bn per annum, contributing to 18,000 jobs in the local area
- To assist in the setup and breakdown of sets, staging and seating for events at the Brighton Centre, working alongside Venues Services Personnel and other casual employees working within the venues section during specific shifts whereby the team will be working overnight, at heights, operating plant equipment which requires specialist, recognised training and certification.
- To assist the Venues Services Department for operational requirements for the buildings event preparations to the satisfaction of venue hirers and users during the period of preparation.
- To support the Venue Services Department in the delivery of set up's and running of events, particular during extended shifts and overnight working by being focussed.
- To assist in interpreting event plans and come up with solutions if for whatever reason, plans cannot be realised. To be creative and make adjustments and to take responsibility for delivering the venue in an 'event ready' state for the next event or tenancy.
- To assist the Venues Building Manager in the general maintenance and upkeep of the fabric of the venues to include painting and decorating and light maintenance to a domestic standard.
- The position carries with it the potential for long hours working to very tight timelines, under pressure to deliver the best facilities management outcomes for The Venues Section.
- To undertake cleaning duties as directed both internally and externally and to operate equipment relevant necessary to maintain the building to the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene required.
Interview date: w/c 28th June but shortlisting and interviews are to be carried out on a frequent basis following this so please put in an application asap. The advert may be withdrawn if the headcount is full.
For an informal discussion, please contact Michael Kirman-Marcham - House and Events Manager on 01273 292693.
TO APPLY - as part of your application, you will need to answer some branching questions. To help you, some guidance has been attached to the advert below.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 37 hours or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, female or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.