Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Diocese of Chelmsford & London Borough of Havering
St Edward’s Church of England (Voluntary Aided) Primary School
Head Teacher: Chris Speller
HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
Required September 2021.
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 8.15 a.m. – 3.45 p.m. with 1 hour lunch
Permanent position: 39 weeks per year (term time + inset days)/32.5 hours per week.
APTC 5 points 12 - 15
Salary £24,258 - £25,590 pro rata (actual £18,901 p.a. - £19,939)
St. Edward’s is a very special place with a distinctive Christian ethos. Our staff, parents and our governors are very proud of our school with its excellent team of dedicated teachers, support staff and its enthusiastic and caring children. All come together to create a lively and engaging atmosphere in which to work, teach and learn. Whilst we are inclusive in appointing staff of all faiths and none, we require staff to uphold and participate in our school’s Christian life.
Our children are keen to learn and to be involved in the running of their school. A walk through the school will allow you to see their amazing artwork and sporting achievements and their views are aired and shared via our various pupil voice groups.
We are looking for an additional permanent Higher Level Teaching Assistant to supervise PPA/ Leadership cover lessons under the direction of class teachers, to cover short term absences of teaching staff and to work with small groups of children or individual pupils to lead interventions.
Our ideal candidate would:
- have experience of working as an HLTA or Level 3 TA with primary aged children;
- have an HLTA qualification (or be prepared to gain the qualification within 12 months);
- be flexible and able to work across all age ranges;
- be enthusiastic, confident and able to use their initiative;
- be able to support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for the children;
- be experienced in delivering a range of interventions;
- have good literacy and numeracy skills;
- be able to create a stimulating and purposeful learning environment;
- be an effective communicator with pupils and staff;
- have a good sense of humour.
As a school, we have a thriving Initial Teacher Training program. Candidates who are graduates and are considering beginning a salaried teacher training route in future academic years would be desirable.
Please complete the online application form and refer to the Job Profile and Person Specification when completing your supporting statement.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 14th June 2021 at 12:00 noon
“This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process, including a Disclosure Check, will be undertaken on all applicants.”