Salary: SO2 £32,418 to £34,209
Full Time (36 hours), Permanent role
Enfield Council has a housing stock of approximately 15,500 homes. It has a growing programme of major works, an ambitious development programme as well as handling thousands of day to day repairs each year.
Working within the Asset Team you will contribute to collation, updating and interrogation of data management systems to ensure that the Council is able map out its future major works projects. Investment in its stock is vital for the Council to ensure its tenants and leaseholders have good quality housing meeting at least the decent homes standard.
You will be conversant with Enterprise level software and in the use of large-scale business applications. You will have an aptitude for using standard IT packages, word processing systems and data bases as well as the ability to learn new packages. By using these and interrogating data you will support managers in the decision-making processes that will define investment for future years.
You will have excellent analytical skills as well as being able to effectively communicate technical information to a wide variety of other housing staff.
Ideally you will have an understanding of housing asset management and stock profiling functions.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 21st June 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Steve Simmonds on 020 8132 0825 or Amanda Grosse on 020 8148 4374 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.