Full – Time Permanent
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the London Borough of Redbridge for an experienced, skilled and dynamic Planning and Highways Lawyer to join the Council to provide a comprehensive and professional legal service on a permanent basis.
You will report to the Principal Lawyer – Property and Planning within the Legal Department. You will also work closely with other Council departmental clients and specialist departments and committee members.
You will provide the Council with expert advice and guidance on aspects of all planning and highways related development work.
- Provide expert advice and knowledge of planning laws and planning agreements, provide advice and guidance and practical assistance on, local government law in the areas of planning and highways work and planning policies.
- Conduct a full range of cases planning and highways cases, attendance at planning committee meetings to undertaking advocacy in the Courts or Tribunals if required.
- Utilising skills and experience gained within a similar position, you will report to the Principal Lawyer (Property & Planning) and conduct your own caseload with minimum supervision.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a Solicitor, Barrister, FILEX or similar qualification
- Have experience of planning and highways work, preferably in a local government context
- Advocacy experience required but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of the law and practice of planning and highways law
- Have some experience of advising on planning policies, attending and advising at committee meetings.
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are keen to join an ambitious, dynamic and innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
Closing Date: Friday 18 June 2021.
Interviews: week commencing 28 June 2021
If you are interested in the role please contact Michael.email@example.com for an informal discussion.
To apply for this job please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk
Ambitious for Redbridge