Business Coordinator - Fixed Term Contract - 6 months
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Property Services team is knowledgeable, skilled, friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high quality of service we provide.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Property Services team as a Business Coordinator.
Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Our Property Services team is crucial in helping us deliver on this vision.
The team works on the provision and maintenance of our large portfolio of properties. This demands strong organisational skills and the ability to work collaboratively with customers, other teams and external service providers.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Business Coordinator on a 6-month fixed term contract based in Camden. This role is currently home based. However, this will be office based in the future and flexible working will be put into place. responsibilities will include:
- Be the lead confidential administration support to the Asset and Building Safety Directorate Leadership team on a day to day basis
- Act as additional cover in the minuting and arranging of TRA (Tenant and Resident Association) meetings, papers and agendas as part of a group of TRA support staff within the team
- Putting together and maintaining schedules of meetings and reminders for the whole team on important tasks and deadlines
- Miscellaneous tasks to support their manager, which will vary according to the circumstance e.g. completing some corporate governance reporting and ensuring work is checked for accuracy, presentation and data quality before approval by the Director (to ensure that the business is being run properly and complying with legislation and regulations)
- Helping to put together reports and presentations, on brand and in a presentable format, arrange workshops and engagement opportunities for the directorate across the business and externally
- Liaising with staff, suppliers, stakeholders and customers
- Managing diaries and organising meetings and appointments
- Overseeing inboxes, identifying urgent or important emails, taking responsibility for commissioning and collating responses
- Setting up and maintaining an effective filing, archiving and databases, Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and is friendly and positive. The successful candidate will:
- Relevant Administration experience in a related role.
- Good track record of organisation and ability to manage priorities
- Strong track record of building and maintaining relationships, both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written and presentational.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £25,000
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Property Services team.