HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
Required from 1st September 2021
We are looking to appoint ambitious, proactive and inspiring Higher Level Teaching Assistants to join our supportive school in September 2021.
About the role
The successful candidates will play a key role in delivering high quality teaching and learning, covering classes throughout the school to allow teachers to be released for PPA and Leadership time.
You will be a valued member of our extended teaching team - a team of dynamic and dedicated individuals, aspiring to improve the educational outcomes of our children.
You will receive weekly PPA to support your practice as well as CPD with the rest of the teaching team and be expected to attend all INSET days.
Telscombe Cliffs Primary and Nursery School is a vibrant and popular three-form entry primary school near Brighton in East Sussex. We pride ourselves on our inclusive, aspirational approach and seek to promote the values of Respect, Equality, Aspiration, Collaboration, Courage and Achievement which we weave into the life and work of the school.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Passionate about teaching and learning, able to enthuse and inspire children to achieve success and treating them with kindness and respect.
- Experienced and have the skills to manage teaching whole classes and deliver planned lessons across EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
- Experienced in regularly teaching a sequence of lessons to whole classes utilising a variety of teaching strategies to engage and support children in their learning.
- Able to promote high standards of behaviour and a good work ethos by creating a secure, safe and structured learning environment.
- Able to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help children achieve.
- Experienced in how to observe and assess progression and attainment in order to give feedback to staff.
- Able to lead an aspect of school life (please state what you consider your specialism to be).
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability when faced with a variety of different situations.
- Prepared to go that ‘extra mile’ for each and every child.
- Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Effective communicators: able to foster excellent relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Able to work on their own initiative.
- Extremely well organised and have the ability to plan effectively.
- Able to significantly contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our school.
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to work closely with colleagues as part of a dynamic team.
- Patient and caring with a good sense of humour and have a positive outlook.
We will offer you:
- Fantastic children who are genuinely a real pleasure to teach, enjoy school and work hard.
- A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- A strong, committed and collaborative leadership team including senior and middle leaders with a distributed leadership model.
- Guaranteed PPA.
- High levels of evidence informed CPD.
- Future support for those who aspire and have the ability to become our future teachers.
Specific to the post:
We are seeking to appoint several highly motivated HLTAs who are ambitious and love teaching; they are dedicated, enthusiastic and can teach across Key Stages - flexibility is important.
We are however, open to applications from all experienced HLTAs and are happy to consider those who are Key Stage specific.
For those of you who aspire to be a HLTA you must have at least three-year’s experience as a teaching assistant or similar, a Level 2 English and Maths qualification or have qualified teacher status.
If you believe you can make a positive and significant contribution to drive our ambition, achieve excellent outcomes for our children, support our culture and values with passion, then we look forward to receiving your application.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we ask that all applications are submitted using our application form which is available from the school's website - http://www.telscombecliffsprimary.co.uk or by contacting the school office during normal school hours (term time) on 01273 583113 or 07947 516859 (outside of school hours).
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to visit the school. Should you wish to discuss the post, please contact the school office.
More information about the school is available on our website.
Closing date: Friday, 18th June 2021 at 12.00 noon.
Interviews: Week beginning 21st June 2021.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check, satisfactory references and medical form completion.
Please ensure you apply with the East Sussex County Council application form attached below.
Brighton & Hove City Council is advertising on behalf of the school and is not the employer in this case.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.