Advanced Social Worker and Social Workers – Adolescent Team
Grade 11 – 14 (£38,883 - £46,839pa) dependent on experience
Croydon is a place on the up, experiencing the largest growth of any London borough. It is a borough steeped in tradition, offering residents a rich and diverse history but has a forward-thinking mentality that is keen to embrace change and innovation to provide the best possible place for residents to live and work.
Central to this is our Croydon Renewal Plan where we seek to bring good governance and financial management to the fore, making the best use for the budget we have and ensuring that we seek the opportunity out of every pound.
Have you got the passion and drive to make positive changes in the lives of adolescents? We have the opportunity for 3 Social Workers including 1 maternity cover in the Adolescent Team.
There has never been a greater focus on children’s services in Croydon than right now, making it an exciting place to take the next step in your social work career. We are on a journey of improvement and transformation, developing and building a model that will make young people’s lives safer.
The Adolescent Team brings together services for young people including those who go missing and are vulnerable to exploitation including criminal and sexual exploitation. Our team includes social workers and adolescent workers who are focussed on achieving positive outcomes in a borough that has significant challenges including gangs and serious youth violence. We are committed to doing things differently, taking into account current research and best practice, and are looking for people who want to be part of this journey.
You will work with the Team Manager and colleagues, looking at new and innovative ways to address adolescent risk outside of the home, building relationships with our partners, our families and carers so the voices of our young people are heard.
Your experience of working in a statutory setting will allow you to operate with confidence and emotional intelligence. We are looking for:
• Social workers that have completed their ASYE and are Social Work England Registered
• Able to demonstrate skills in managing complex cases
• Experience in working with young people and have an understanding of risk factors for adolescents especially in Croydon
• Capable of working with professionalism and empathy in equal amounts writing effective assessments, implementing contextual plans, delivering interventions and undertaking court work if required.
We need passionate social workers who genuinely care and who want nothing but the best outcomes for Croydon’s young people.
Our offer to you – a salary ranging from £38,883 – £46,839pa depending on your experience.
Our benefits also include:
- Welcome payment of £4k (NB following successful completion of your six month probation period)
- Parking permit for Wandle Road Council Car Park
- 31 days’ annual leave
- 15 Day Accredited Systemic Practice training
- Development opportunities including undertaking Practice Educator training
- Laptop/Phone with agile work practice
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- A core skills training & Learning Development programme
Most of all what makes Croydon special is our people – both within the council and throughout the borough. Our diverse population has made Croydon a thriving cultural hub, it also makes it a truly unique environment in which to work and practice social work.
This is a rolling advert and applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The Successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.