Team Manager - Homelessness & Prevention
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Homelessness and Prevention team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high- quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Homelessness and Prevention team as a Team Manager
Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Providing care and support to those who need it is an important part of what we do. We work with people experiencing homelessness and who often have other support needs. Our services include hostels, young peoples’ accommodation services and support delivered in the community; where we provide tailored support that prepares our customers to achieve independence and re-integrate within the community.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Team Manager to join us in our floating support service for our customers who have complex needs ranging from homelessness, mental health, substance misuse and may have forensic history.
- Location: Enfield
- Salary: £31,000 per annum
- Working hours: 5 hours per week. Mainly office hours Monday-Friday but would need to be flexible to occasionally work outside of these hours if needed. You will be required to provide out of hours on-call support approximately once per quarter.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with customers, the team and both internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing a team of 5 support staff which will be increased to 8 when the service has reached full capacity.
- Providing leadership and line management, supervision, and appraisal to our support staff.
- You will hold day to day responsibility for rota cover and staff deployment.
- Ensure your staff are empowered to take responsibility and to work in a way that is imaginative and responsive to the needs of customers, facilitating effective customer participation, consultation, and feedback.
- Ensure that your staff receive appropriate induction, training and development opportunities and ensure they are familiar with all relevant policies and procedures to undertake their role.
- Carry out regular audits of service provision and undertake peer audits as required.
- Work within and monitor the service budget against management accounts.
- You will develop and maintain positive links with local statutory and independent sector services and ensuring referrals and assessment issues are dealt in a timely fashion, and service utilisation is maximised.
- Participate in the management on call rota.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers. The successful candidate will:
- Have strong staff managerial experience
- You will have working experience with homelessness/mental health/substance misuse/forensic/complex needs
- You will have strong IT skills to be able to monitor KPI’s/SLA’s
- You will have knowledge and understanding of up-to-date legislation and government frameworks relevant to the customer group
- Management qualification or other relevant professional qualification (Desirable)
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £31,000
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave (pro rata’d)
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme, you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Homelessness and Prevention team.