The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls
An 11-18 Academy with Visual Arts Specialism
Romford Essex RM1 2RR
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA, MBA
Tel: 01708 447368
Numbers on roll: 1423
Head of Biology
Full Time - Permanent
MPR/UPR + TLR2B incl. Outer London Weighting
Required for September 2021
Are you a Teacher of Biology looking for the next stage in your career?
Would you like to work in a well-resourced and successful Science Department?
The Science Department at FBA has a vacancy for a Head of Biology. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented teacher to develop as a leader in a supportive and experienced department. You will plan and lead the teaching of Biology curricula across the key stages and work with motivated students. Biology is very popular at A-level and many students advance to study related subjects at university.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about Biology and the teaching of Science
- Able to plan creatively for high quality teaching, learning and assessment
- Able to deliver highly effective and engaging lessons
- Able to motivate and inspire students
- Organised and efficient
- Motivated to challenge and help develop amazing young women
What we can offer you:
- Excellent professional development and opportunities for promotion
- The opportunity to work with and learn from an outstanding team of experienced teachers in a friendly department
- The opportunity to teach at Key Stage 3 and Key stage 4 and Key Stage 5
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to progress
- A fantastic school community set in beautiful grounds
- The opportunity to develop links with schools in other countries
The Frances Bardsley Academy is a thriving, oversubscribed and highly successful, comprehensive school for girls aged 11-18. We were again judged as good by OFSTED in 2019 and are part of the LIFE Education Trust.
As founding school of the dynamic LIFE Education Trust we work collaboratively with schools in Havering and Essex and are fully committed to the LIFE vision: "Dare to Achieve."
We believe in helping staff and students achieve their personal best and are keen to recruit the very best talent for our Trust. If you share our passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best, we’d love to hear from you.
At FBA, the students are a joy to teach and you will be part of a positive environment, with inspiring and supportive colleagues who strive for excellence.
Please submit a copy of the school’s application form, which can be found on our website, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Julian Dutnall, Executive Headteacher by Monday 10th May, interviews will be held promptly after.
The School reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly people from ethnic minorities who are currently under-represented’. To find out why we are so proud of Frances Bardsley Academy, visit our website: http://www.fbaok.co.uk/or check us out on Twitter @FBA_Official
The Frances Bardsley Academy is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.