Support Officer- Mental Health
At One Housing, we don’t only believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. We also believe that everyone deserves to realise their full potential and lead a fulfilling life.
Our Mental Health team is vital to helping us deliver on this vision. We work to transform the life experience of people with mental health support needs. The support we provide is delivered in a range of settings (like supported housing, assessment centres and outreach) and our customers’ support needs can include psychosis, forensic and personality disorders.
Join our Mental Health team as a Support Officer
We have spent the last 10 years designing our services to be fully psychologically informed. Most of our services have specialist therapeutic input and colleagues have access to specialised mental health training delivered by MH professionals. All our services provide regular reflective practice spaces to our colleagues to formulate complex cases and find constructive ways forward. All these measures make us the ideal partner for NHS trusts across London with whom we deliver several integrated services.
We believe in providing care and support to our clients that will enable them to make informed decisions about their life that will increase their sense of wellbeing: this might be greater independence, better coping strategies or a richer network and sense of self achievement.
We offer you the chance to develop your own skills through regular line management supervision, reflective practice, access to a ten-day course on relevant mental health topics and working together with your specialist colleagues.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Support Officer to join us at our Camden based high-needs mental health scheme. From day you will work alongside a close-knit, friendly team to provide practical and emotional support to clients with conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar, personality disorder and a forensic history.
- Location: Camden, Maygrove Road
- Salary: £23,116 per annum.
- Working hours: 37.5 hours- shifts include 09:00-17:00, 10:00-19:00, 12:00-20:00, 13:00-21:00, 15:00-23:00 on Monday-Friday. On Saturday or Sunday, the hours are 10:00-20:00. You will be required to work every other weekend and do roughly 4-5 sleep-in shifts each month
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking key work sessions, support planning, risk assessments and needs reviews.
- Creating an environment that promotes opportunities for our customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
- Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
- Support customers to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education, and work.
- Assist the Specialist Support Officer in 1-1 and group therapeutic sessions
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers. The successful candidate will:
- Experience of working with people that have a mental health diagnosis, in a support capacity
- Knowledge of policies & procedures, including: Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Customer Care
- Be a team player, efficient and have great communication skills
- Must be able to commit to the early and late shifts, including every other weekend and 5 sleep-in shifts per month
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
Salary: £23,116 per annum
Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave
Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
Well done! With our colleague recognition programme, you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Mental Health team.