Compliance, Risk and Assurance Manager
We are One Housing, and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Governance & Compliance team is friendly, knowledgeable and we love what we do. We are proud of our expertise and passionate about making a difference through the high-quality, service we deliver in collaboration with our customers and stakeholders.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career within a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Governance & Compliance team as a Compliance, Risk and Assurance Manager
Our Governance & Compliance team works across the organisations to build the foundations for a high performing sustainable business. With specialisms ranging from governance, health and safety, data protection and insurance they play an important role in achieving our vision. Working collaboratively with colleagues we are proud of the high-quality, professional advice and support we offer all our customers.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a exciting opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Compliance, Risk and Assurance Manager in Camden. Although, currently this role is working from home.
We are looking for someone with experience in supporting high performing, compliant and resilient services. To do well at this role, you might have compliance, risk and assurance experience from within the housing sector. Alternatively you may have valuable transferable skills developed through change management, project management or a sector, other than housing, which is also subject to regulation . The role is ideal for someone who wants to create positive change and has the focus, drive, discipline and engagement skills to see it through.
This is a demanding role where you can make a real difference.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide sound technical advice to the business on regulatory and compliance matters including but not limited to the Regulator of Social Housing’s (RSH) regulatory standards, anti-fraud, anti-money laundering, Payment Card Industry and Consumer Credit License compliance.
- To keep a watching brief on emerging and new areas of corporate compliance and advise the Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance and the Group Director Governance and Compliance of any actions that may need to be taken.
- To assist the Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance in the (at least) annual assessment of compliance with the RSH’s regulatory standards.
- Working with the Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance and the wider business, to ensure that regulatory returns are complete, accurate and are submitted on time.
- Engage and support managers in developing control frameworks that deliver regulatory compliance.
Risk and Assurance
- Support the development of the Group’s Risk Management Strategy and Policy.
- Support the Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance in the development and embedding of effective risk management processes and behaviours across the Group.
- Maintain and develop the corporate assurance framework and lead on feedback and learning.
- Support the Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance in the 6-monthly directors’ assurance statement process.
- Support the maintenance of business continuity preparedness.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
- Highly developed analytical skills including an eye for detail.
- Have strong communication skills with different stakeholders.
- Have sound technical expertise in corporate compliance areas relevant to the Group including, for example, the Regulator of Social Housing’s regulatory standards, Anti Money Laundering, Anti-Fraud, PCI, Consumer Credit Licence.
- Have and strong planning skills
- Be willing and able to drive this role forward.
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively at senior management level.
- Demonstrable experience of and understanding of corporate risk management both strategic and operational.
- Ability to work with modern compliance tools
- Previous line management experience
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £50-55,000
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Governance and Compliance team.