Salary: SW Level 2/3: £33,324 - £42,855
We are looking for an experienced qualified social worker to work in the Learning Disabilities Assessment & Care Management Team. This post is for 36 hours per week. The team is part of an integrated health and social care service providing a wide range of support to people with learning disabilities and their carers.
Our integrated team consists of community nurses, psychologists, occupational therapists, Speech and language therapists and psychiatrist. As a result, we can offer our service users a holistic approach to support.
The service is fully committed to working with people with learning disabilities to increase their independence and inclusion and to maximise their control over their lives. We are a forward-thinking team that value social work practice and the role we play in integration. We take pride in our profession and have a monthly social work forum where the team can discuss practices issues, changes in legislation and current research.
We trust our social workers to offer interventions that make a positive difference and promote independence. Therefore, we offer autonomy by giving our social workers council credit cards to purchase services, equipment or other interventions.
Our funding authorisation process is straight forward with no Panel meetings and social workers using a tool to calculate Personal Budgets. We promote the use of Direct Payments so that that the people we work with have the autonomy and flexibility to make their support work in a way that best meets their needs.
The successful candidate:
- Should have the skills to work with vulnerable service users and their careers.
- Be committed to the principles of personalisation and supporting people to maximise their independence.
- Be creative in developing support plans in conjunction with service users that demonstrates best value and community inclusion
- Have a knowledge of safeguarding adults practice
- Hold a complex caseload and work on frontline duty.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities whilst further developing your social work skills and career. We are a high performing service that continues to go from strength to strength and requires commitment and dedication towards our service users, council and team. If you want to be a part of this challenge and of a successful team and think you have the skills and abilities to help us achieve our goals, then we want to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
If you are interested in this position please apply online or feel free to contact me with any relevant questions and to discuss the flexible working that is available: Charlene Thomas, Team Manager, 0208 132 2001
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 Monday 10th May 2021
Interview date: TBC
If you are interested in this position please apply online or feel free to contact me with any relevant questions and to discuss the flexible working that is available. Charlene Thomas – Team Manager 0208 132 2001
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 1321053 or Vickie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post.