Diocese of Chelmsford & London Borough of Havering
St Edward's Church of England (Voluntary Aided) Primary School
Havering Drive, Romford, Essex RM1 4BT
Tel: 01708 745971
Head Teacher: Chris Speller
11:45am - 1:15pm daily, term time only
Salary: APTC 2 Point 3 £21,408 pro rata (actual £3,729 p.a)
Start Date: As soon as possible
St. Edward’s is a very special place with a distinctive Christian ethos. Our staff, parents, and our governors are very proud of our school with its excellent team of dedicated teachers, support staff and its enthusiastic and caring children. All come together to create a lively and engaging atmosphere in which to work, teach and learn. Whilst we are inclusive in appointing staff of all faiths and none, we require staff to uphold and participate in our school’s Christian life.
Our children are keen to learn and to be involved in the running of their school. A walk through the school will allow you to see their amazing artwork and sporting achievements and their views are aired and shared via our various pupil voice groups.
We are looking to appoint a Midday Assistant to join our hard-working, enthusiastic team of Midday Assistants who make lunchtimes happy, productive and safe for all of our children. You will be asked to help with:
- the transition of pupils from class to the dining hall and/or the school playground;
- supervising and supporting pupils whilst they eat;
- promoting and supervising positive and active play and pupil relationships;
- health, safety, security and basic first aid (after relevant training);
- pupil discipline and behaviour management;
- assisting pupils with their medical, physical and care needs, where appropriate.
Please complete the online application form and refer to the Job Profile and Person Specification when completing your supporting statement.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Friday 7th May 2021 - 12 noon.