Economic Development Officer – Town Centres
Salary - PO2 (£38,883 - £41,850)
Full time (36 hours) 12 months Fixed term/ Secondment opportunity
Enfield is an ambitious council that is creating a lifetime of opportunities for its residents. We are committed to working with our communities to make the most of Enfield’s potential by creating good homes in well-connected neighbourhoods, nurturing safe, healthy and confident communities and building an economy that works for everyone.
To deliver these objectives, we are growing the Economic Development Team within the Place Department. The team is responsible for delivering a new Economic Development Strategy that sets out a ten-year vison for our town centres, industrial areas, culture and regeneration, inward investment and support for businesses.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced economic development, regeneration and / or placemaking professional to play a pivotal role in shaping and realising our plans in Town Centres. This role will work across our five priority centres to develop action plans and deliver projects and build strong partnerships with businesses and the community.
A natural communicator, you will be flexible and creative to engage with businesses and the community. A team player and a proven project manager, you will know good design and be able to take forward projects and mobilise and procure teams and work across council departments and disciplines to deliver.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Learn more by visiting https://enfieldplace.co.uk/
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 Monday 26th April 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Im Rahman on 020 8132 1969 or Bob Doyle on 0208 078 5991 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.