Ealing has vibrant town centres, superb parks and open spaces, and diverse and growing communities. However, there’s always room for improvement and we’ve got some exciting opportunities. Our Future Ealing plan has been transforming the way that the council delivers local services to ensure their sustainability and to focus our efforts and resources where they can have the most positive impact. At its heart, Future Ealing has three priorities: Good, genuinely affordable homes; opportunities and living incomes; Ealing is a great place – and you’ll make it even better. We want Ealing to be a place where people live fulfilling lives. A place where services and surroundings enhance every resident’s world.
Careline Team Leader
You will work under the supervision of the Commercial Development Manager in the Place Delivery department. Careline is the council’s 24 hours a day, 7 days a week telecare service for vulnerable people of all ages or those that have a chronic sickness or disability (including learning disabilities). Careline has more than 4,000 customers living within Ealing and makes and receives on average 13,000 calls every month utilising the Jontek Answerlink system. It is an accredited service to the Telecare Services Association (TSA) Quality Standards Framework; a feat that the service has achieved since 2013. Careline supports its customers to live independently and with peace of mind by offering both a monitoring and response service.
The main purpose of the Careline Team Leader role is to lead the operational direction of the Careline service and be responsible for 24/7 service delivery and resourcing. This includes managing staff, direction and training of staff, producing performance information, implementing procedural and technological changes, whilst ensuring the service provides an exceptional level of customer care at all times, is responsive and meets the needs of its customers.
• Have experience of supervising and developing staff through regular 121s and team meetings, whilst managing a telecare service that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Have held responsibility for delivering the certification to the TSA Quality Standards Framework for a previous organisation you worked for
• Be able to prioritise and co-ordinate staff within a rota to respond to emergency alarm notifications and complete installations
• Have experience of reviewing and implementing new procedures to make operations as efficient as possible
• Have a consistent, high-quality, customer-focussed approach to service delivery
• Develop, maintain and update the Jontek Answerlink system so that data recorded is accurate and can be used to produce reports for senior management
• Have experience of delivering a training programme for new and current staff
• Be able to work collaboratively with other Council services such as Adult Social Care and Resident Services (sheltered housing)
• Be expected to be available in the event of emergencies or incidents and provide occasional cover during staff shortage and leave periods
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Thomas James (Commercial Development Manager) on 020 8825 7728.
This post is subject to Ealing's enhanced vetting process.
Application closing date: 6 May 2021