We have a fantastic opportunity for a Sustainability Officer to join our team based in Waterloo. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum.
About the Sustainability Officer role:
This is a challenging role supporting the Group Sustainability Manager, being part of a growing business, looking at supporting the creation of a new culture and ethos around sustainability throughout Peabody and assisting with the delivery of improvements we have set out in the strategy to make a meaningful impact on climate change. The role requires excellent communication skills, strong data analysis abilities, an understanding of construction, with the natural ability to network and build effective relationships with key colleagues and customers across the organisation.
Responsibilities of our Sustainability Officer:
- Work with Facilities and Development to assess the energy performance of our facilities and feed into the assessment of the need for office and facility space into the future.
- Work with IT and Facilities to determine ways of reducing energy usage in offices to get us a 40% reduction in energy usage by 2023 (target saving 10% a year).
- Collate and analyse data from offices & waste contractors and work with the suppliers to reduce waste.
- Support Procurement to help develop sustainability measures within our procurement processes.
- Identify, develop and deliver projects to improve Peabody’s environmental asset performance, give expertise to the major works team and development as directed.
- Work with colleagues to develop a staff network and staff champions, and to improve environmental outcomes in our housing stock as directed.
- Identify new policies or legislation which could affect Peabody’s Environmental Sustainability objectives.
- Assist in producing reports or briefing papers on sustainability issues, to help the Sustainability Team understand new or changing areas of sustainability practice.
What we’re looking for in our Sustainability Officer:
- Degree in related discipline.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets.
- Understanding of heat, ventilation and renewable technologies
- Experience of working with statutory providers.
- Experience in sustainability work.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th April 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Sustainability Officer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST