Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: 1st September 2021
Salary: Career stage salary (main or upper pay range) with TLR 2a
The Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and talented individual to join our senior management team as SENDCO. This is a key role within our inclusive two-form entry school, where the staff team work together and support one another to ensure that all children are valued as individuals, reach their potential and develop a love for learning. The successful candidate will have sufficient leadership and management time to fulfil this role, as well as time working directly with children as a model of good practice. We expect candidates to have either already attained the National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination or to be committed to enrol on this training by September 2021.
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: 1 September 2021
About the role
We are looking for a teacher who has:
- Excellent classroom practice with evidence of ability to maximise the achievement and progress of all children;
- Strong leadership skills, proven either in the area of special educational needs or another aspect of leadership, and the vision to further develop our school’s excellent practice;
- The ability to lead an effective and consistent team of support staff, for which children’s learning, development and welfare is the prime focus, and to support and develop colleagues in their own professional practice;
- The ability to communicate effectively with children, staff, parents, governors and external professionals;
- A commitment to support our Christian ethos, sharing our core values of love, integrity, responsibility, achievement, sense of community and respect.
Aldrington CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to apply
Application form can be downloaded below and returned directly to the school – firstname.lastname@example.org
School Tel: 01273 542656
Please let the school office know if you would like to visit. Tel 01273 542656
Closing date: Wednesday 28 April 2021 (9.00am)
Interview date: Wednesday 5 May 2021
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.