Little Learners Nurseries
Cover Nursery Practitioner
Post available: Nursery Practitioner- level 1,2 or 3
Employer: Nurseries of St Mary’s and St Saviour’s
Contract Type: Temporary- 1 year
Contract Term: Term Time only
Closing date: 25/4/2021
Little Learners nursery group are growing and have excellent opportunities for experienced EYFS practitioners.
St Mary’s is judged as Good & St Saviour’s as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted. We have bright and spacious rooms indoors and fabulous outdoor areas including our forest school.
We are seeking enthusiastic and flexible staff to cover holidays and absence. This is an exciting and varied role and would be suitable for someone who is happy to do everything from organising activities to helping prepare snacks. You would work with our babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers at both of our sites to help create a safe, caring and welcoming setting where children are encouraged to flourish in a stimulating environment.
If successful, you would be on a term time only temporary 1-year contract working 8am-6pm 4 days a week.
- Provide the children with a safe, secure and home like environment
- Have a working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Operate a key person system and liaise with parents, carers, and senior staff
- Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities to meet the needs of this age group and each individual child’s needs and interests
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
Do you have:
- An appropriate qualification and/or recognised by the DFE as full and relevant for the EYFS.
- The commitment to provide first class childcare
- The ability to promote good practice in a professional manner
- Good organisational skills
- A caring, kind and approachable manner
- An understanding of how children develop and learn
- Good English, Mathematics and ICT skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
We can offer:
- A welcoming Nursery
- Close links with the church and local community
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are eager to learn
- Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
Early application is encouraged as we review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the stated deadline.
Address: St Saviour’s, Verulam Avenue, Walthamstow, London, E17 8ER
Tel: 020 8520 0612
All completed applications should be returned to Alison Brown.