We’re looking for an experienced Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor who wants to make a difference and strives in a challenging fast paced environment. If you have a proven track record of managing supply chain performance, project financials and scheme changes throughout the pre-construction and delivery process, then a fabulous opportunity has arisen to join us as a Commercial Manager
In this exciting new role, you will:
- Monitor and manage the bill of quantity, pre-tender estimation, tender documentation, cost estimation, cost plan and contract package.
- Undertake valuations to check contractor’s invoices and accounts for accuracy and conformity to contracts and make recommendations for payment.
- Prepare master control sheets for various items with detailed specifications, options of various specifications and method of measurement. Measure works where appropriate and to maintain accurate records of progress.
- Support the Head of Service to manage procurement processes, ensuring that all stages including, pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively.
- Take a lead role in interfacing with business leads, consultants, contractors at all project stages.
- Work with the Strategic Partner in the preparation and proofing of detailed specifications and estimating cost.
- Participate in contractor performance management and KPIs.
What you'll need
Ideally, you’ll have worked for a Housing Association, House Builder, Construction contractor and/or Local Authority in a similar role managing the procurement & cost management process.
You’ll have experience monitoring and managing the bill of quantity, pre-tender estimation, tender documentation, cost estimation, cost plan and contract package.
You’ll have strong negotiating and collaboration skills with the supply chain and external parties.
You’ll have knowledge of basic conditions of contract and its impact on cost planning and budgeting.
You’ll have excellent IT skills including ability to use Asset databases & Microsoft Packages.
You’ll need a degree qualification in building, quantity surveying or civil engineering.
The role will work with a range of Internal & External stakeholders, so a positive approach to collaborative team working is essential. You’ll live our one team culture.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 18 April 2021, 11:00pm
Interview dates: Tuesday 27 & Friday 30 April 2021 (Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams)