Major Works Programme Manager
Salary: MM2 £48,078 to £61,497
X1 Permanent, Full Time position
We are recruiting! During 2020-21 we have redesigned our services and teams to ensure that we can deliver on our promise to residents to deliver, safe, sustainable and quality homes for the future.
We are now recruiting a number of exciting new roles across our Asset Management and Capital Programme teams, to support, design and deliver of our asset, building safety and sustainability programmes.
Enfield have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Programme Manager to join the team to lead on the delivery of several of the Council’s high-profile capital works projects.
These projects will have a significant impact on improving homes across the borough and delivering safe, secure and sustainable homes to hundreds of residents.
To succeed in this role, you will be an experienced programme manager, with extensive knowledge of delivering high profile, complex projects using a wide range of procurement methodologies, from Design and Build to Construction management.
It is imperative that you have strong leadership and communication skills, in order to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders, consultants and residents and to clearly communicate the Councils objectives and ensure the successful delivery of contracts.
Previous experience of working in Local Government or social housing would be beneficial, as you will need to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders. As such an understanding of the interface between the Capital Programme Team, Housing Management, day to day repairs and Leaseholder Services functions, would be beneficial.
You will need to demonstrate a high standard of customer service.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax free bikes for work
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. A full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight 15th April 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you are interested in this role and you would like an informal discussion about this vacancy, please contact Paul O'Donnell on 0208 132 0696.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 379 4298 or email@example.com
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
Our standard guidance through this application will state that your CV will not be visible to the manager at application stage. However, please note as the manager would like a Supporting statement attached to your CV as your application to apply for this role, your CV will be visible to the manager as soon as it has been submitted. As we operate a process of name blind recruitment you do not need to include your name on your CV.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 12 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.