An exciting opportunity to develop a new and innovative role at our school.
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Actual salary: £16,988.18 - £18,755.69 pa (dependent on experience)
Start date: As soon as possible
About the role
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated ‘Vocational Teaching Assistant’ to support children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) which impact on their ability to access the curriculum and make progress in their learning. As such you will be a member of the school Inclusion Team and able to work flexibly with children aged between 4-11 years old. You may be asked to support a child/children under the guidance of a class teacher, independently 1:1, or in a small group as required both within and outside of the classroom setting.
Skills Knowledge and Experience required:
- Understanding of Attachment needs or the desire to develop knowledge and skills in supporting children with SEMH needs.
- The ability to plan and carry out practical, vocational activities which will appeal to those children such as gardening, maintenance, woodwork, mechanics, engineering and science.
- The ability to create academic learning opportunities for children while carrying out practical activities.
- Ability to develop effective and dependable relationships with children who may find trusting adult challenging.
- Ability to work independently (with support and training) with the implementation and delivery of specific learning programmes
- Ability to support children in managing their presenting behaviours using strategies suggested by the Brighton and Hove Inclusion Support Service (BHISS) and the school.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 18th April 2021 with interviews to be held on Friday 23rd April 2021. Visits to school are warmly welcomed. Please ring to make an appointment.
St Nicolas CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 18th April
Interview date: Friday 23rd April
Completed application forms accepted online via the 'Apply' button or by email/post direct to the school address:
Locks Hill, Portslade, BN41 2LA, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 418026
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.