We're determined to make Islington fairer. To create a place where everyone, whatever their background, has the opportunity to reach their potential and enjoy a good quality of life.
We have an ambitious new goal – to be the best council in the country – and this means raising the bar, so that every employee understands the part they play and is inspired, focused and supported to give their very best.
We ask our employees to ‘Be Islington’, playing their part in working together for a fairer borough and to always be collaborative, ambitious, resourceful and empowering.
Our refreshed behaviours, spell out the word CARE, which we think sums up what public service is all about. It’s essential that you demonstrate these behaviours in all your working practices.
We are seeking a self-motivated finance professionals to join the HRA Finance Team. The posts will give the right candidates the opportunity to gain invaluable experience across a range of key corporate finance areas. The capacity to work flexibly and under great pressure is essential as these are demanding and challenging roles. The successful candidates will require a high level of technical expertise, along with the ability to interpret complex and evolving legislation and the commitment to keep abreast of changes in accounting requirements pertaining to local government.
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB (or equivalent) qualified
- Post-qualification experience in a professional finance environment, with a sound understanding of Local Government policies and legislation.
Principal Accountant (Capital):
- Knowledge and experience of Capital and Non-Current Assets accounting, including leases and PFI.
If you believe you have the desired skills and qualities we would like to hear from you.
In return you will benefit from exceptional career enhancing opportunities whilst working in a flexible and innovative environment where the individual is valued as much as the team.
Islington Council offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible working, promoting a healthy work-life balance
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Generous holiday allowance
- Staff discounts in leisure, travel, health services and goods
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact:
Shakeel Yasin (Head of Finance) on 02075278929 or via email at Shakeel.Yasin@islington.gov.uk