We have a fantastic opportunity for a New Homes Officer to join our team based in Tower Bridge, London. You will join us on a full-time, fixed-term contract lasting 7 months in return for a competitive salary of £28,000 - £30,000 per annum.
About the New Homes Officer role:
You will provide excellent front-line customer service by working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to ensure our customers’ needs are met and the departmental/team objectives are achieved.
Responsibilities of our New Homes Officer include:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support our customers
- Assessing clients’ needs to ensure effective service delivery
- Advising and supporting our customers in resolving their queries and issues, ensuring that their expectations are managed, and proactive resolutions are identified
- Updating and maintaining systems/records to ensure that information/data is kept up to date and accurate and that KPI’s are met
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation
- Taking calls from residents regarding defects, diagnosing and advising over the phone where necessary to avoid call outs
- Logging and recording defects for reporting purposes
- Sending logged calls to defects contractors’ aftercare teams where they cannot be resolved over the phone
- Chasing contractors regarding resolution of defects and liaising with aftercare teams to make sure outcome is satisfactory for Peabody and residents
- Carrying out visits to resolve issues early or where problems have occurred
- Dealing with the end of defects process with residents, employer’s agents and contractors
- Organising ‘move-in’ workshops with contractors and their subcontractors
- Ensuring that the onward ‘resident inductions’ occur
- Dealing with complaints and non-defect issues swiftly and in line with Peabody procedures
- Making recommendations regarding contractor use, specification changes based on defects
- Assisting Development Managers/Officers with customer care issues during construction
What we’re looking for in our New Homes Officer:
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organization
- Knowledge of some technical/construction terms and processes
Closing date: Thursday 4th March 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our New Homes Officer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST