We have a fantastic opportunity for a Strategy and Policy Advisor to join our team based in Waterloo. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £33,000 - £38,000 per annum.
About the Strategy and Policy Advisor role:
You will support policy and strategy development within Peabody, developing a good understanding of business needs and external changes to help Peabody effectively operationalise the corporate strategy, and providing advice and guidance to colleagues on best practice.
You will also support the business to understand developments in public policy, interpreting the impacts for the organisation, and supporting Peabody to respond to external policy change.
Responsibilities of our Strategy and Policy Advisor:
- Supporting the implementation of the corporate strategy across the business, reviewing and supporting the creation of a robust system of monitoring delivery
- Understanding the internal and external operating environment to ensure Peabody’s plans, strategies and policies reflect any policy changes
- Developing, overseeing and monitoring policy and procedure development and reviews
- Horizon scanning to identify actual and potential policy, regulatory and legislative changes that affect Peabody
- Helping to brief the leadership team on external policy developments
- Working with the research and communications teams to help develop policy positions and identify opportunities for Peabody to have influence externally
- Coordinating Peabody’s responses to key national, regional and local consultations and enquiries
- Delivering training and briefing sessions to help Peabody employees understand internal and external policy change
- Supporting the research and communications teams in delivering Peabody’s influencing strategy
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to inform best practice in our strategies, policies and procedures
- Supporting the corporate Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
What we’re looking for in our Strategy and Policy Advisor:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience working in public policy development, either in national or local government, or as part of an organisation’s public policy function
- Experience in delivering strategy and/or operational policy development
- The ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Experience of working constructively in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and prioritisation skills, and ability to work with competing deadlines
- Experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Attention to detail and ability to synthesise complex information
- Experience using evidence to inform policy development
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels, including the senior leadership team
- The ability to think creatively when faced with problems, and adapt to changing circumstances
- Knowledge of housing and related policy matters is not essential but would be a distinct advantage
Closing date: Thursday 25th February 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Strategy and Policy Advisor, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST