2x Fixed Term / Opportunities for 12 Months
Social Care & Education Childcare Lawyer – Grade 12-16 £41,850 - £53,928 (career progression scheme)
The Childcare Lawyer will be part of the Social Care and Education Legal team and will be expected to undertake the following duties:-
- Advising the Children Services Division on all areas of child protection and safeguarding;
- Undertake casework and advice, as requested, on al child protection matters;
- If required, appearing as an advocate in Family Proceedings Court, County Court, High Court, Inquiries and tribunals;
- To provide training for Client Officers as arranged;
- Instructing Counsel to advise and briefing Counsel to appear on behalf of the Council;
- To contribute to the provision of a comprehensive legal service for child protection matters to the Council and its officers.
Able to work flexibly in line with local & corporate procedures
The successful candidate will not only have previous child care experience but will also be ambitious, have excellent client care skills driven by delivering a high quality service and be able to work under pressure. It is important that candidates are committed to this area of law and have a genuine enthusiasm for their work. The ability to work to tight deadlines is essential.
Full time hours, 36 per week
To view the role profile click here
Closing date Tuesday 5th February 2021 (11:59pm)
Equal opportunities statement
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to a standard DBS check.