Job purpose and background
This is regarded as an important role within One Housing Group that will oversee the Information Governance strategy reaching maturity in its entirety and that corporate data standards are maintained ongoing.
Chairing the Information Governance Steering Group tasked with overseeing the deployment of the current strategy. This includes liaising with stakeholders such data-owners and the training of data- stewards, as well as co-steering the ongoing deployment of data management and reporting technologies.
Chairing the Data Change Board tasked with change management across all data domains within the Group, including data that is crucial to the customer, thereby mitigating risks to safety and the disruption of services.
Lead the Business Intelligence team which currently provides data, reporting and analytics to the Group.
This team are a key contributor to accurate and timely production of regulatory reporting, as well as responsible evidencing that data quality is being maintained across all data domains.
The role will report to the CIO.
Outputs & Responsibilities
More about Governance
- Oversee the implementation of the Information Governance strategy to drive value from and manage risks associated with One Housing data
- Chair the Information Governance Steering Group to ensure effective use of information
- Chair the Data Change Management Board to ensure data quality standards are maintained
- Develop and maintain Information Management Policy and Procedures
- Ensure Data Architecture Principles are maintained (eg less spreadsheets, use of master data management and appropriate data repositories)
More about Leadership
- Lead the Business Intelligence team such that it has the skills and capacity to develop and provide reports, analysis and data sets for the Group.
- Provide thought-leadership in terms of One Housing emerging as a data-driven organisation with increased use of data analytics
- Oversee the management and development of the reporting and data management technologies within the Group
- Lead the array of Subject Matters Experts required to be effective in the role and as a team
More Stakeholder management
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the BI team is always aligned to business needs
- Champion Information Governance and Data Ownership across the Group
- Co-create awareness and training initiatives to increase staff capability regarding all aspects of data management.
- Through stakeholder and peer engagement track whether One Housing’s transformation roadmap is remaining aligned to the Information Governance strategy.
- Inform stakeholders in terms of the art-of-the-possible in terms of reporting, analysis and insights
More about Team Management
- Design and implement strong demand management and solution delivery processes for BI requests.
- Team development activities are aligned with the overall strategy and objectives of One Housing
- Annually review and define future BI requirements through a detailed assessment of stakeholder needs.
- Informing budgets and objectives accordingly.
More about Delivery
- As per agreed deadlines, deliver monthly departmental KPIs, compliance levels reports, management accounts and service area activity tracking.
- Including regulatory compliance reporting, as well as providing enterprise-wide data quality reports and metrics.
Enable data driven decision making at pace via repeatable and scalable mechanisms such as established metrics, reporting and review mechanisms.
- Overcome technical challenges in a cost-effective way, influencing the implementation of better tools, technologies and best practice.
More about Change and Transformation
- Have an understanding of the underlying business process and be able to articulate why certain metrics and reports are priority.
- Support the development of compelling business cases to bid for resource
- Ensure close engagement with other technology teams to maximise insights and value from new processes and platforms.
- Build forecasting models for our priority data domains, reporting on projected KPI performance, and enabling pre-emptive business action
More about high priority Data Domains and the specific responsibilities of this role:
1. Asset Management Data
- Provide the comprehensive stock list for One Housing and all its subsidiaries
- Evidence triangulation of this One Housing stock list with all other stock records
- Identify any anomalies in the triangulation, investigate and lead the resolution in a timely manner
- Provide on demand a triangulated and reconciled stock reports to the Asset Compliance Group,
- Executive Team and the Group Board
- Oversee the additions/ deletions to the stock list
- Provide assurance that the compliance reports are reconciled across a comprehensive data-set at a
- property/component level to the Asset Compliance Group, Executive Team, and our Group Board
- Prepare and supply regulatory and statutory stock reports regarding One Housing and its subsidiaries to One Housing Governance team
2. Customer Data
- Provide assurance reports to Customer Service teams in terms of the quality of key data associated customers, e.g. data related to customer safety and risks, contact preferences and current service activity
- Including assurance reporting validating automated digital services being provided to customers e.g. via MyOneHousing and the other digital channels it is supported by.
3. Income Management Data
- Provide assurance reports that data held in accordance business rules and data protocols associated with income and voids management.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Have a solid track-record of leading Business Intelligence teams of up to 10 members,
- Managing budgets,
- Senior stakeholder engagement and liaison,
- Strategy and policy development,
- And being able to describe your successes within previous governance and oversight roles.
- Demonstrate having been able to drive real value from data,
- And of facilitating analysis, insights and forecasting via the systems and services you managed,
- While having satisfied high-demand through effective communication with stakeholders and reliable delivery management.
- Have a deep understanding of best practise information governance and data management strategies,
- And of reporting, analytics and data management technologies (e.g. current Microsoft platforms)
- As well as of data architectures and integration concepts.
- Be able to apply Information and Data related legislation within a business context.
- Have an appropriate academic qualification or describe the knowledge you have acquired through your own research.
- Sector experience is not essential but having a positive problem-solving mindset is.