Brighton & Hove City Council Seafront Office is looking to recruit 4 Seafront Coordinators for our summer seasonal team.
As a seasonal Seafront Coordinator you will be the main eyes and ears of the Seafront Office, patrolling up and down by foot and on quad bikes ensuring Brighton
& Hove is one of the best beaches to come and visit by providing excellent service to residents, visitors, seafront businesses and stakeholders.
About the role
Main duties and key responsibilities: Supervise the seasonal Beach Lifeguard team, providing help and support when needed and in emergency situations.
Responding to first aid incidents and issues of anti social behaviour. Daily seafront patrols promoting sea safety, enforcement of bylaws and a commitment to
health & safety to provide a safe, clean environment for all. You will also help with weddings on the bandstand, seafront events and general office administrative
duties and cash handling.
You will need a strong team ethic, remain calm under pressure and provide excellent customer service.
What we are looking for:
- You enjoy working outdoors and all weathers!
- If you think any of the above relates to you or have similar skill sets which could transfer then we encourage youA competent swimmer with the physical ability to pass a beach lifeguard course.
- You’re passionate about sea safety, clean beaches and customer service.
- You have supervisory experience and/or experience of enforcement.
- You have a knowledge and practice experience of 1st aid and incident management.
- You’re great at working with other people and have lots of enthusiasm.
- You have a flexible and adaptable approach to working environments and hours, to include weekend and bank holidays.
- You have a cool head in a crisis, can think on your feet and don’t shy away from dealing with difficult situations.
- You’re quick to spot potential problems and you are good at working out solutions using your own initiative.
For an informal chat or you would like to find out more information then please give us a call and we will be happy to talk through the role.
Fixed term for:
2 x 6 month contracts 1st April - 30th September 2021
2 x 3 month contracts 7th June - 5th September 2021
37 hours per week, 5 days from 7 including weekend and bank holidays, from 8am - 7pm
£ 19,698.00 - £ 10.21 / hour with additional enhancements for weekends and bank holidays.
Closing date for applications: 15th February 2021
Interviews & Swim Tests: 17th & 18th February 2021
Swim Tests: 400m in under 7 minutes, 30 seconds (16 lengths of a 25m pool).
A first aid assessment may also be required at interview.
For an informal discussion, please contact Chris or David on 01273 292716
TO APPLY - as part of your application, you will need to answer some branching questions. To help you, some guidance has been attached to the advert below.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, female or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check
At Brighton & Hove City Council we offer staff a range of benefits. If you choose to work for us, in return we can offer you:
A competitive salary
Career average pension scheme
An opportunity to enhance your knowledge and skills
A range of other staff benefits
Find out more about Living in Brighton & Hove on our website.