2x Maingrade Educational Psychologists
Working Hours: Full Time, Permanent, Hours per week (36)
Full time and Part-time applications are equally welcomed
Soulbury Scale A SCP 3 – 8 plus up to 3 SPA points
Previous SPA points will be honored
Closing date: Wednesday 24th February 2021
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic educational psychologist to become a member of our friendly and supportive team. Our service encourages collaborative and flexible working, whilst being committed to developing EP’s professional skills. As a team, Waltham Forest EPS encourages the use of positive and evidence-based psychology to support the children and families in a diverse borough while prioritising professional wellbeing.
The educational psychology team continues to be highly valued by the council, children, young people, families, and the education settings that we support. As a new member of the service, you will be encouraged and supported to apply psychology creatively in order to contribute as part of a team who:
- Values ongoing team and peer supervision;
- Seeks out varied opportunities including project work, ELSA, Cygnet, Alternative Provisions, 16+ settings, LAC, Early Years, borough-wide training, the school commissioned work and statutory work;
- Values individual EP interests and professional autonomy;
- Provides high quality Continuing Professional Development (CPD);
- Has strong reciprocal links with professional training courses;
- Is committed to the supervision of trainee EPs;
- Has strong links with other services and opportunities for joint working;
- Is part of a successfully traded business unit within a local authority;
- Is supported by dedicated administrative support.
In addition, the London Borough of Waltham Forest offers a recruitment and retention bonus of £2000 which is paid annually in June and December. New recruits joining us will receive £1000 on commencement and £1000 on successful completion of the first 6 months of employment.(pro-rata)
The offices are co-located within spacious and bright accommodation in a primary school.
Waltham Forest enjoys very good transport links by Underground, Overground, bus, bike and car (with free parking and access to E-car schemes).
We are looking for an Educational Psychologist to join our team who
- Is an excellent practitioner with good communication, interpersonal, organisation and time management skills;
- Is reliable, flexible, able to show initiative and take responsibility;
- Is committed to consultative problem solving as a model of service delivery and understands the issues of working within a traded environment;
- Has a sound knowledge of evidenced based interventions;
- Has professional Educational Psychology qualifications (usually a Doctorate) recognised by the BPS, has HCPC registration. This post is subject to a DBS check.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact:
Fiona Davey (Principal Educational Psychologist)
Email: Fiona.Davey@walthamforest.gov.uk Tel: 07961 323850
To apply: https://ats.jobsgopublic.com/
Interviews are provisionally arranged for Wednesday 3rd March 2021
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.