Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
The Hillingdon Young People's Service is a beacon of hope for young people, over the age of sixteen who are in care or care leavers. Each member of the multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary service, carry equal weight in reaching for the stars and believing that our young people can achieve anything they set their minds to. The ethos of: "If it was my child" is not just words for this service. Each member of the service fights as hard for each of our young people as they would for their own children.
We are looking for an Advanced Practitioner who aspires for young people to be the best version of themselves to join our Young People's Service who won Silver at the Social Work Team of the Year 2018!
As an Advanced Practitioner in our Young people's team, you will:
- Provide critically reflective group supervision to your team of social workers and personal advisers.
- Provide supervision to personal advisers.
- Promote best practice through leading by example.
- Be an early adopter of better, smarter, evidenced based practice.
- Support social workers and personal advisors to work restoratively, grounded in relationship-based social work and a strength-based approach.
- Provide situational case-by-case supervision, to help social workers and personal advisers grow.
- Drive excellence for all young people.
An Advanced Practitioners story:
"Being an Advanced Practitioner has really enabled me to grow and develop as a professional. The role enables me to work with a range of professionals across Children social care and I feel very privileged to have learnt so much about our practice and the impact the we have on achieving outcomes for children. In addition to this, I value the opportunities to contribute to the culture of learning and practice development. We are child focused and family centred practitioners who strive to make a positive difference in the lives of our children and families.
I am supported by our strong and outstanding leadership team and I am inspired by the commitment of our staff to the children and families we work with".
As an Advanced Practitioner, you must:
- Be creative, flexible and an excellent communicator
- Hold a Social Work degree, alongside a Practice Educators qualification
- Have previous experience working in a LAC/Young People's team
- Have a solid understanding of the law affecting UASC, young people in care and care leavers.
- Be able to evidence a commitment to your own development since qualification