Assistant Engineer for Watercourses
Highway Services Redevelopment and Environmental Works
Enfield Council’s award-winning Watercourses team is delivering a wide range of innovative sustainable drainage and flood risk management projects, including wetlands, rain gardens, natural flood management and other blue-green infrastructure works, to meet the growing needs of this dynamic area of North London. We have an opportunity for an Assistant Engineer to be part of this team, assisting with this programme of work and other Lead Local Flood Authority and land drainage responsibilities, including working with developers to ensure new planning applications include best practice SuDS measures.
You should have experience of assisting with the delivery of SuDS and other Civil Engineering projects. This may include feasibility, surveys, design, site supervision, project management or contract administration.
You will be required to work on your own initiative with responsibility for making day to day decisions in order to deliver your projects and work programmes. However, you will be under the guidance of your Principal Engineer.
You should have the ability to effectively communicate with residents and other third parties and capable of dealing with relevant queries.
You must also be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and be able to prioritise workloads and be adaptable to change.
You should be qualified with at least a Degree/HNC or equivalent experience.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Ian Russell on 020 8132 0964 for an informal discussion.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 Monday 8th February 2021
Interview date(s): TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or Vickie.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Ian Russell on 020 132 0964 for an informal discussion.