This exciting role provides an opportunity for a motivated and experienced Administrator to be part of the Brighton and Hove City Council’s Public Health Team.
Initially whilst under government guidelines this post will be remote working and Interviews will be held virtually.
Fixed term for: 12 months We would be happy to consider anyone who would like to apply on the basis of a secondment from their substantive job. If you would like to apply on the basis of a secondment please get the agreement from your manager before applying.
Interview date: 27th/28th January 2021 (TBC) and will be Virtual
For an informal discussion, please contact Lorraine Leaman, Business Manager at email@example.com
About the role
The post holder will provide a comprehensive and effective administrative service to staff across the Public Health team and will assist in the delivery of a first-class service including:
- Facilitating complex professional meetings and taking extremely accurate minutes at multi-organisation forums
- Deals appropriately with a range of enquiries from a variety of sources and taking any necessary follow up action and messages or re directing as necessary. The enquiries may be sensitive and complex.
Prepares and distributes responses without reference to others and where initiative and judgement are required when deciding the appropriate course of action. Prioritisation of workload as a result of working to a team of commissioning managers.
- Proactively organises and prioritises own workload managing own time effectively, highlighting problems and proposing possible solutions within existing resources. Seeks appropriate guidance when necessary.
- Typically required to use judgement to resolve a more varied and less straightforward range of problems, including investigating those outside of own experience and where a manager or duty professional may not be immediately available for reference. However, independent decisions will generally still be based on established precedents.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment.
Please see attached job description and person specification for more details about the role
We highly recommend you read the ‘Maximise your Chances’ below before you apply for this job. It is important you are able to show how you meet the Person Specification when applying. Not following this guidance is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.