Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are recruiting a Personal Advisor to work within our Looked After Children and Leaving Care service.
As a Personal Advisor you will work alongside Social Workers to assist in the development of looked after young people by preparing them for adulthood and independence. Your will coordinate and monitor Pathway Plans for allocated young people and participate in the provision of a direct work service to young people in their transition to adulthood and independence from local authority care.
This is a vital role which require you to be responsible for developing close and effective working relationships with young people, key agencies and partners to facilitate a coordinated multi agency response to the identified needs of care leavers.
This is a part time role, working 18 hours per week. The salary advertised will be pro-rated.
You'll have a professional qualification in a field relevant to work with young people. You'll also have a sound understanding of the principles of the Children Act 1989, particularly in relation to 16 to 21 year olds and the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000.
However, just as important will be your awareness of the current issues relating to socially excluded young people and what you can do help them make a brighter future for themselves.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses