Old Town Hall, Catford Road, SE6 4RU
A new opportunity exists for a talented Financial Accounting Manager to join our professional and expanding finance team which consists of Financial Accounting, Business Partnering and the Payments Team.
We are looking for a high performing individual able to work and thrive in a high volume, fast paced housing sector environment and who is keen to bring their passion and knowledge of finance to Lewisham Homes.
Key responsibilities include:
• Full responsibility for the review and oversight of accurate recording of accounting entries.
• Responsibility for the production of the Annual Financial Statements.
• Perform monthly reconciliations of the control accounts and company balances.
• Maintain the necessary records, chart of accounts and systems.
• Ensuring adequate internal financial controls are in place and provide assurance that these controls are in place.
• Monitoring financial systems to make sure they are being used correctly and that transactions are being recorded accurately
You should have a proven record as a Financial Accounting Manager. Highly motivated with a passion to succeed. Able to identify opportunities for advancing the organisation’s mission while maintaining an awareness of the business areas and associated risk.
What we are looking for:
• Relevant accounting qualification or substantial experience in an accounts payable management role.
• Strong leadership, communication and management skills
• Financial and budget management experience
• A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of finance, including regulatory issues.
• High level of IT literacy and a good knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
The salary will be supported by a range of benefits, including flexible and agile working opportunities, season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme. For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.
Closing Date: Sunday 9 August 2020
Interview Date: TBC
To apply you will be asked to submit a CV and supporting statement. Within your supporting statement please ensure you address the key requirements identified in the attached person specification. Please attach your supporting statement to your online application.