Press and New Media Officer
Salay: PO1 £34,884 to £37,722
X1 Full time (36 hours) Fixed Term position for 24 months
Enfield Council is seeking to appoint a Press and New Media Officer to work as part of our dynamic Corporate Communications Team.
The successful candidate will play a key role in helping us provide a full media relations service to local, national and specialist media working proactively to promote the Council in a way that is consistent with its vision and values including writing, issuing and monitoring press releases, arranging photo opportunities and press conferences and supporting officers and members giving media interviews.
Working closely with the Press and New Media Manager, you will be required to use your established skills to monitor and use new/social media to support the delivery of effective communication campaigns and reputation management, both pro-actively and re-actively, advising officers as appropriate. This will have an emphasis on areas of operational priority identified through our work with the Director of Environment and Operational Services.
The role will involve supporting the Press and New Media Manager to effectively plan for and manage crisis and sensitive communication issues. You will play a part in helping us evaluate the success of press and new media activity, delivered by the team, contributing your analytical skills to help us continuously improve our performance.
The post holder will be able to evidence highly developed press and new media skills, complemented by strong communication and relationship building abilities, to ensure the role successfully helps the local authority provide accurate and timely responses to external enquiries and helps us successfully deliver key messages to our residents and partners.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. Your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 26th November 2020
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Andrew Golder on 0208 132 1108 or David Greely on 020 8132 1165 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.