Social Worker - Referral & Assessment
Salary: Social Worker Level 3 £34,794 to £41,706
X4 Permanent, Full time (36 hours) positions
X1 Permanent, Part Time (18 hours) Position
Are you a committed and experienced social worker who is passionate about children and young people? If so, Enfield Council is the place for you. We are always seeking build on our good social worker practice to achieve an outstanding service for our children and young people to keep them safe and help them achieve positive outcomes.
We are seeking to recruit qualified social workers to undertake quality assessments, develop clear and focused plans, ensure the timely delivery of effective services.
As a qualified and professionally registered social worker with Social Work England, you will have knowledge of current legislation, have demonstrated your experience and abilities in respect of working in partnership with children, young people, families, and partner agencies. You will have over 2 years’ experience of working with vulnerable children and their families, preferably in a statutory setting, and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, as well as the ability to work individually and as part of a team. Your drive, enthusiasm and high aspirations will contribute to our journey to deliver exceptional outcomes for the children and young people of Enfield.
In order to attract high calibre candidates to fulfil our ambitions, we are offering competitive packages, excellent training and development opportunities, and to be part of a highly committed workforce, partners and colleagues striving to deliver even better outcomes for children and young people in the borough and to be the best they can be.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- Additional Annual Leave can be bought
- A Sabbatical scheme –allowing social workers to claim one month off paid
- Flexible working arrangements – this includes locations, condensed hours, term time only etc.
- Job-Share – All full-time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
- Relocation package – Up to £8000
- Foster Carer Policy – Allows an employee to attend essential meetings and training to support their role as a foster carer
- Premature Babies Policy – Recognises the difficulties parents face with premature babies
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Please note this recruitment is ongoing and we reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. The recruiting managers will review applications on a weekly basis and will be inviting candidates to an interview as an when the shortlisting takes place. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or Elizabeth.email@example.com.
If you would like to know more about the role, Please contact Bernadette Eugene-Charlery Child Protection and Family Support Service Manager on 0208 132 0300 or at Bernadette.Eugene-Charlery@enfield.gov.uk or Florah Shiringo Head of Early Help and Protection on 0208 132 2156 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 12 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.