Newham is a diverse borough with a young and vibrant population. There are over 270,190 Adults in the borough, coming from all corners of the world and serves one of the most vibrant and culturally diverse communities in the UK where over 100 different languages are spoken. This makes Newham an exciting and interesting place to work
Newham Mental Health service provides support to adults and Carers, who may, because of the effects of ill health or disability, need support to live safely and independently.
Our vision is to promote the wellbeing of people in Newham, making the best use of available resources to enable adults to live in the community independently and live safely, free from abuse and neglect. We strive to support our customers to make their own decisions, to feel safe and protected from harm, aspire to good health throughout their lives and make positive choices to maintain and improve their wellbeing.
Following the redesign of our Senior Management Team, which has allocated resources to focus on service improvement, improved pathways for customers and other partnership working, an opportunity has arisen for the post of Service Manager for Mental Health services.
About the job
Full time, Mental Health Service Manager
Salary Range £56,997 - £70,677 pa
Closing Date: 20/10/2020
The duties of the Service Manager will include but not limited to:
• To have responsibility for the effective delivery of the statutory responsibilities of the Local Authority to people with social care/mental health needs aged 18 and above, and their families and carers.
• The post holder will have delegated responsibility for the management of identified staff, budgets, resources and projects, and will ensure that those resources are managed efficiently and effectively, and that any projects are delivered on time and within budget.
• To lead on ensuring that operational delivery of mental health services interfaces with health partners and delivers integrated care.
• To support the Head of Service in maintaining the ethos of the division and in enhancing the performance and reputation of the service, in the context of the council’s overall objectives, national health and social care objectives & local objectives.
• To ensure mental health services are provided and developed in such a way that promotes independence, choice and social inclusion.
• To support the Head of Service in the development and implementation of the national agenda for Adult Social Care whilst making a contribution to the national and local priorities of the Department.
• To be responsible for the effective implementation of the Council’s Safeguarding Adults, Governance and Quality Assurance arrangements within the services managed.
• To directly manage and provide leadership support to Team Managers across the mental health services managed.
• To plan, develop and deliver person-centred services for people with mental health difficulties, which promotes independence, choice and social inclusion.
• To act as one of the Council’s advisors on their social care statutory responsibilities and to be a subject matter expert within the service area managed.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Service Manager or a Manager who is hoping to progress into a Senior Management role to join the London Borough of Newham Mental Health Services.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and committed leader who is passionate about high quality customer service. We are looking for an experience, motivated and forward thinking Service Manager with excellent communication and analytical skills.
The suitable candidate will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of customer care and will be expected to identify and implement initiatives to improve Mental Health services.
This will be a busy but stimulating job, therefore, we are looking for a highly motivated manager with previous experience of managing competing demands.
The successful candidate will be a Registered Social Worker, OT, Nurse or equivalent.
If a key leadership role appeals to you with the opportunity to really make a difference to the people we support and you share our vision of excellent service delivery, then we want to hear from you.
We are able to offer you excellent personal and development opportunities
• A supportive team working environment with regular supervision from the Head of Service
• Access to a wide range of formal and informal CPD activities underpinned by a performance appraisal scheme and career progression pathway
• An annual appraisal linking your learning and development needs
• Subsidised leisure passes
• Generous annual leave allowance
• Local Government pension scheme
• Access to smarter working / flexible working
• Latest technology with mobile phones and laptops
For further details/informal discussion, please contact Sissi Mylona, Head of Service, email: email@example.com
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
Please view the Service Manager job description