Business Partnering Manager
Length of contract: Permanent
Salary: £27,950 per annuum pro rata 3.5 days a week (24.5 hours a week £19,565)
plus contributory pension 4% - 5%
Responsible to: Head of Business Operations
Responsible for: Junior support staff
Working with: All members of staff, board members, partners, associates and suppliers
HACT is an innovation agency that provides futures-oriented solutions, projects and products for UK
We work alongside social housing providers to drive change within their own businesses. through our
platform of projects, products, research, insight and consultancy.
Through our engagement with other sectors - in tech, health, and community - we broker new
relationships and opportunities that supports innovation and transformation.
HACT helps housing providers drive forward their social purpose by generating actionable evidence
to inform the development of new, smarter, and more connected ways of working.
We’ve being doing this for 60 years and simply want to unleash the creativity and potential of social
housing in communities across the UK.
We’re a deeply committed team of 16 surrounded by creative partners and people who want to see
housing and society change. We care about being first-rate professionals, learning with restless vigour
and having fun along the way.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Business Partnering Manager (BPM) will be a key member of the team at HACT, with
responsibility for supporting good HR and financial practice throughout HACT.
You will be a part of the creation and maintenance of a supportive, reliable and creative environment,
which enables maximum business impact through strong internal and external relationships.
You will also play a key role in supporting project development and delivery to ensure HACT can
deliver on its mission.
Understanding our financial performance is key to our success and you’ll create and maintain
performance dashboards to support commercial delivery and future strategy.
You will assist with governance and day-to-day management of internal supply contracts and IT
Reporting to the Head of Business Operations your key responsibilities are:
- Proactively support the launch and delivery of HR Processes consistently through the
- Builds strong business relationships with colleagues and key HR and finance partners
- Actively supports the recruitment of talented individuals
- Facilitates the management team to bring best solutions for employees to support personal
development and wellbeing
- Act as the performance improvement driver and provoke positive changes in people management
- Improve the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
- Provide analysis and deliver insight that links financial reports to business strategies
- Support effective commercial procedures, or initiate change, to ensure key operational,
commercial, and financial targets are delivered through close working with colleagues
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams
- Record keeping of financial transactions including the processing of expenditure and income.
Play a key role in delivering HACTs credit control systems.
Maintain systems and support governance
- Deputise for the Head of Business Operations in their absence, under the supervision of the
- Some general administrative tasks such as dealing with correspondence, keeping databases up
to date and answering the phone
- Manage and monitor HACT’s internal CRM system and tools.
- Provide governance support to the Board and senior management team, including supporting
Board meetings and ensuring that HACT and its subsidiaries are meeting their regulatory
requirements as a charity and company.
- You’ll assist HACT partners (who are not office based) to maximise the use of established
systems and assist in ensuring that work is carried out in a healthy and safe way.
You will be able to evidence skills in the areas outlined above and will possess strong interpersonal
skills. This post will suit a candidate who is motivated, curious and driven, with the capacity to work
independently to ensure aims and objectives are achieved.
You’re not afraid of working hard in pursuit of a big vision. In summary you will have:
Experienced in a multi-disciplined business support function.
Excellent communication skills in writing, in person and in your general conduct.
Excellent numerical and analytical skills and the ability to provide support for financial administration.
The ability to quickly learn how to use and maintain new systems, asking relevant questions.
Highly organised with well-developed time management skills.
Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
Ability to manage, adapt and refine systems, to meet changing business needs.
Experience of coordinating and servicing meetings, including minute taking.
Good level of ICT skills, including the MS Office suite
Experience of using and maintaining a CRM system.
Adaptability and agility and managing multiple deadlines.
Methodical and accurate with high level of attention to detail.
Manage own workload to drive tasks through to completion with minimal supervision.
Motivation to learn and develop in and beyond the role.
Resilient, reliable, confident and enthusiastic.
Willingness to work with and support colleagues on tasks, particularly when under time pressure.
NICE TO HAVES
Ability to write internal policies and procedures
Having worked in a small charity or voluntary sector organisation previously.
Have previously worked in a membership or customer focused organisation
Some understanding of Sage 50 Accounts Plus
Experience of managing and developing people, which could include interns, temporary staff and volunteers