Early Years Educator
Starting as soon as possible; Monday to Friday, Term-Time only (39 weeks), 33 hours. Permanent
Scale 6: point 18 - 20
Actual salary: £22,743 - £23,570 per annum
Information about the School:
Avonmore Primary School is a ‘Good’ (OFSTED,2017) one form entry school with a Nursery right in the heart of Kensington Olympia. It is a very exciting time for Avonmore as we became part of The Fox Federation in September 2019. We are a happy, vibrant school; our pupils are exceptionally well-behaved and enjoy their time in school. The staff, along with the parents/carers work closely together to ensure the best possible outcomes for all the pupils, regardless of their starting points.
Staff and governors of the school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all of our children and young people. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be required for successful candidates, as well as verified references, photographic identification, and verification of any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK. We ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our staff team and welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
Job Description: Avonmore Primary School is looking to appoint an Early Years Educator
Our ideal candidate would be somebody who:
- has at least NVQ level 3 in Early Years Education or equivalent (as defined by the DfE Early Years Qualification List)
- Can establish a warm and supportive environment for the children where the very best opportunites for teaching and learning are created
- has a sound knowledge of the Early Years Curriculum
- is commited to supporting pupil progress in all areas of learning
- is committed to supporting pupils’ emotional well-being
- can develop and maintain professional relationships with parents and carers
- has empathy and can understand varying perspectives
- enjoys working in a culturally diverse community
- is resilient and can work as part of a team
- has experience of working within a school or nursery setting.
We can offer you
- A vibrant, multicultural and inclusive city school that has a positive, diverse community and a determination that all children will succeed
- A hardworking, supportive and friendly team, dedicated to providing the best possible education for our children
- A comprehensive range of CPD for all our staff
- A school that is excited about education and pedagogy and want to make a real difference to our children, their families and our community
- Children who are exceptionally well behaved and love to learn
- A school dog!
Successful candidates will be invited to interview on Wednesday 4th November 2020
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st October