This is an exciting time for us, so we are looking to add a Commercial Operations Manager to the team. Reporting to the Head of Schools Traded Services, you will be an innovative, creative and customer-focused team player who can lead the Catering team and is a real foodie operator, someone who has plenty of energy & charisma and is looking to be part of an exciting project with a local authority.
Our contracts have a strong focus on school meals with a growing portfolio of additional catering opportunities, so someone with multi-site experience is preferred. You will have a keen understanding of the school meals sector and the overall catering environment but will also be able to bring a fresh pair of eyes to the table. Leading from the front, you will be key in the development and strategy of our vision.
• Ensuring the best possible service is delivered across our portfolio whilst managing customers’ expectations.
• Development and leading your team whilst staying ahead of the game and always looking to continuously improve the offer.
• Financially astute.
• It’s essential that you are innovative, creative and up to speed on all current food trends – all entwined with commercial and financial acumen.
The Successful Candidate:
• Passion for food and customer service
• Excellent business understanding
• Thrive in taking on challenges with a positive, solutions focused approach
• A positive, can-do attitude
• Motivator of staff
• Excellent man management skills
• Financially astute
• IT literate
• Excellent client relationships
• Multi-site experience is essential
- hold a full driving licence and have use of a car
Knowledge of Saffron Nutritional software preferred, but not essential
- Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. 2. your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 Monday 19th October 2020
Interview date(s): TBC
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1052 or email@example.com.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.