Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
Are you looking for a challenge and want to work directly in the community, where no two days are the same? If the answer is yes then we have the perfect role for you.
We are seeking to appoint a confident and practical person to manage our Traveller Site and support our residents.
The Council owns and manages one Site in the borough;Colne Park and our Traveller Site Manager is the essential link to ensuring that they are well maintained and that residents are supported and feel engaged.
This isn't your usual role; you need to be an excellent communicator and while full support will be given, this post would be best suited to someone who likes to work independently and thrives under pressure. Most of your time will be spent on the site; assisting residents, providing tenancy related support to ensure that rental income is maximised, undertaking inspections of individual plot & Communal Areas and liaising with contractors to ensure that repairs are carried out.
Experience of working in a complex and challenging environment plus an appreciation and understanding of the needs of this client group is an advantage.
When we spoke to our residents about what makes a good Site Manager they told us that they wanted "someone who is confident, who isn't afraid to say no but, if they say they are going to do something then they do it".
We would welcome all applications.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses