Hill Park School is a two site (Primary/ Secondary) special school for pupils aged 4 - 16 years for pupils with needs ranging from moderate (MLD), severe (SLD), profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). Some pupils also have a diagnosis of autistic spectrum condition (ASC), complex medical needs or physical disabilities.
Paid weeks per year: 46.94 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Fixed term: Until 31st August 2021
Start date: As soon as possible
About the role
We have students from KS1 through to KS4 and all teaching assistants can be placed across the school depending on their experience, skills and needs of the school.
We are a warm, friendly and welcoming school with a supportive and caring staff, who work closely as a team. Our school would be a great place for you to work if you:
- have patience and a calm manner
- have resilience and a commitment to meeting the needs of children with additional needs
- are an excellent team player who is flexible and shows an ability to recognise and respond to pupils’ needs
- can provide support to individuals and small groups
- have Maths and English Qualifications at GCSE or equivalent
- be able to manage a challenging environment, both physically and mentally
- The role will include intimate care and full training will be provided. The need to be able to adapt your skills and to be flexible and resilient is crucial
Closing date: 9am, Monday 5th October
Interview date: Friday 9th October - via Zoom
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Foredown Road Portslade BN41 2FU, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 422855
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.