We are looking to recruit a Supply Chain and Compliance Assistant within the Enfield Catering Service.
Are you a self-motivated individual who is due diligent and has an attention to detail?
To provide high quality support to the Commercial Operations Manager in matters relating to supply chain and compliance
Liaise with suppliers about food quality and stocks to ensure the operation in our school sites are seamless
- Maintain up to date knowledge to ensure effective utilisation of IT systems used including Cypad
Co-ordinate training of the Enfield Catering Team
Lead on legal compliance within Enfield Catering
- Proactively develop skills, understanding and abilities in delivering support services in order to carry out standardised processes in a consistent and efficient manner
Deal professionally and effectively with all contacts from a wide range of people, using tact and discretion, assessing needs and re-directing enquiries, where appropriate.
- Deal with straightforward customer enquiries and follow through to resolution, ensuring all stakeholders are updated and the adequate audit trails are in place.
The Successful Candidate:
Office administration experience
Good Excel and Word skills
Copes well under pressure
You have a flexible approach to work and a ‘can do’ attitude
You enjoy working as part of a team and you are happy to get stuck in and support your colleagues
Ability to nurture a good working relationship with other departments
You’re able to work unsupervised and use your own initiative
You have good verbal communication skills
Can meet deadlines and the ability to prioritise tasks.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. 2. your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 Monday 12th October 2020 (We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.)
Interview date(s): TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or Vickie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.