Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Personal Assistant to the Chair of Peabody. The role is to support Peabody's Chair for an eleven-month maternity period in return for a competitive salary of up to £37,500 per annum.
About the Personal Assistant to the Chair role:
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with, and supporting, senior figures. The person will support and assist the Chair in his duties, both for Peabody and his other public duties outside the organisation - (he chairs over 10 organisations).
To provide a suitable handover, the person should be in post from the 1st November 2020.
Responsibilities of our Personal Assistant to the Chair:
- Assist the Chair in relation to preparation of information required for the Chair.
- Processing any expense claims or credit card expenditure on behalf of the Chair.
- Event management and hospitality - booking conferences, organizing away days for the department, hospitality and Committee tours - organising catering, entertainment, literature, travel and accommodation when necessary.
- Provide personal assistance to the CEO during holiday or absence cover of the Executive Assistant to the CEO.
- Manage complex correspondence on behalf of the Chair ensuring that e-mails, post and telephone calls are dealt with in a timely and effective manner, cascading and escalating where required within the function.
- Co-ordinate and schedule meetings ensuring efficient and effective diary management and the preparation and dissemination of supporting materials.
- Ensure all aspects of meetings/conferences are organised, agendas developed and prompt action taken maintaining timely responses to deadlines at all times. To attend and minute meetings as required.
- Build effective partnership relationships with senior management, team members, customers, third parties and the wider PA team.
- Create, manage and maintain office systems to ensure they are fit for purpose and relevant to specified department.
- Assist with budget management and take responsibility for monitoring of income and expenditure, processing and coding of invoices and expenses.
- Support project work as required and contribute to the effective running of the wider PA team.
- Operate and maintain business support systems in line with Peabody policies and procedures.
- Follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties.
What we’re looking for in our Personal Assistant to the Chair:
- Extensive experience providing first class administrative support
- Highly developed prioritisation, problem solving and organisation skills and be able to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality
- Expert knowledge of admin software e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook & other appropriate systems is essential and ability to learn new systems and processes rapidly
- Able to work efficiently and effectively while balancing multiple tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage a demanding workload and at times conflicting priorities as well as tracking progress on a wide range of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to liaise effectively at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable
- Confident, assertive whilst maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- Methodical and pragmatic approach to working
Closing date: 27th September 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Personal Assistant to the Chair, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST