Subject Teacher of Computing and Technology Leader
Part Time 0.4 – 2 days per week (Tuesday and Thursday)
MPS + 1 SEN Allowance
The Governing Body are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated teacher to this new position within the school. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational teacher who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an inspirational teacher passionate about raising school standards and achievements for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities in computing.
- A track record of making a difference to pupil progress and outcomes in Computing and beyond.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Have knowledge of the National Curriculum and how to differentiate for SEND learners.
- Have a strong commitment to extra-curricular activity.
- Be able to support Woodlane's Dyslexia Friendly approach to raise the literacy standards of our pupils.
- Be able to use SLCN strategies to support teaching and learning.
- Be highly competent in the use of technology and keen to raise the profile of assisted technology on a whole school basis.
- Be keen to share best practice with others through INSET/Outreach.
- Be someone who is highly organised.
- Be someone who is highly resilient.
- Be someone who puts safeguarding and child protection at the centre of practice.
Please see personal specification for full details.
The position will include:
- The teaching of computing at KS3 and KS4 to GCSE level.
- The potential to teach a range of subjects at KS3 and KS4.
- Taking a lead role in inspiring and supporting staff/pupils/parents in the use of various technology.
- The delivery of targeted pupil interventions, with a focus on the use of technology, including assisted technology.
- Providing INSET to staff.
- The delivery of extra-curricular activity.
- Effectively overseeing elements of the school’s curriculum network.
- Devising EHCPs and hosting Annual Review meetings.
Please see the job description for full details.
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff and governors are committed to the safeguarding and child protection of our children. An enhanced DBS disclosure will therefore be required for successful candidates. We will also require verified references, photographic identification and any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK.
Under normal circumstances we would encourage you to visit the school, however due to Covid-19 closure, ‘visits’ can be arranged virtually.
We welcome applicants from Computing Teachers from mainstream or SEND schools, including strong NQTs.
Closing date: Monday 28th September 2020 - 9:00am
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 29th September 2020
Interview date: Friday 2nd October 2020
Please note, interviews are anticipated to take place virtually, via Microsoft Teams.
Position to start November 2020 or January 2021 or later if required by the candidate.