Peabody have two exciting new opportunities for you to join us as an Environmental Operative based at Hailey Road. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £21,940 per annum.
About the Environmental Operative role:
The new organisation will be a significantly larger, more diverse organisation, employing over 3,000 people. A challenging role, part of a growing business and adding significant value by providing excellent customer service across the new organisation. The role we look after all those communities and their unique needs too. In fact, they’re at the centre of everything we do and as you’ll be out there looking after their surroundings via hard and soft landscape maintenance and cleaning duties, you’ll be the face of Peabody.
As our Environmental Operative you will provide excellent front line customer service by providing environmental services to the community of Thamesmead to ensure a clean and safe and well maintained environment
Responsibilities of our Environmental Operative:
- Carry out bed maintenance, including leaf removal, weeding and pruning and a variety of soft and hard landscape maintenance with hand tools or machines
- Carry out grass to cutting, both with hand machines and ride-on machines
- Remove leaves from both hard and soft landscapes areas
- Remove litter from both hard and soft landscape areas including bins
- Carry out weed and pest control
- Assist with the waterways when required
- Assist park-mobile when required
- Assist the tree gangs when required
- Ensure that paths are salted where and when appropriate and participate in the snow clearance
- Wear all protective clothing and uniform provided
- Ensure that Peabody H&S requirements as a landlord, as a service provider and as an employee are adhered to
What we’re looking for in our Environmental Operative:
- Competent driver with a full valid driving licence is essential along with the ability to drive to min 3500Kg
- Horticultural qualifications gained through short modular route or formal training
- Basic literacy skills desirable or ability to undertake training
- Understanding of Health and Safety in the work place, with the ability to apply this with due regard whilst working in public areas
- General knowledge relating to landscaping supported either by qualification or significant experience
- Ability to carry out environmental works as contained in the job description paying attention to the very physical nature of the work and working in cold and dirty conditions
- General experience of environmental works in landscaping field
- Practical experience supported by the ability to develop and undertake training
- Ability to use all communication equipment
- Demonstrates practical experience in the use of a wide range of powered equipment with the ability to train as and when required
Closing date: 22nd September 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Environmental Operative, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST