Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
We are looking for enthusiastic, skilled Mental Health Social Workers who embrace the principals of Recovery and Wellness to join our Community Recovery Service. This is an established multi-disciplinary Adult Mental Health services based at Mellmead House, Wanstead, covering the whole of Redbridge and are part of the newly formed HASS, a partnership between London Borough of Redbridge and NELFT.
We would welcome applicants who are enthusiastic, creative and in addition you should:
- be a qualified social worker with a relevant qualification (DipSW or Degree) and have experience of working in mental health
- have experience of working as a care coordinator to service users experiencing severe mental health difficulties and with complex needs. Managing risk in partnership with service user and carers
- be an Approved Mental Health Practitioner or be willing to train (must be AMHP qualified for Senior SW posts); AMHP allowance £1788 per annum
- Possess excellent assessment skills; be able to determine appropriate evidence based interventions and proposed outcomes of intervention for Service Users and their carers
- Have a sound knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and practice issues
- be committed to a multi disciplinary way of working within a dynamic team, which promotes innovative practice
- be confident in managing a caseload that reflects the diverse needs of people with severe mental health problems.
In return we will offer you access to excellent support, peer and management supervision, an individually tailored performance plan, opportunities for training and development, and flexible working options.
Fatmata Karbo (Senior Social Worker CRT East) or Bongani Madaka (Manager) to discuss this post in detail - Tel no: 0300 300 1706
Redbridge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children, young people and vulnerable adults. Some posts will require a DBS disclosure check and references may also be taken up prior to interview.
Closing date: 25th September 2020
Interview date: 5th October 2020
To apply for this job, please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk
Ambitious for Redbridge