Peabody have a full time, permanent opportunity for a Housing Support Worker to join the team at our young people’s supported housing scheme in Witham. In return we can offer a competitive salary of £18,706 per annum + Sleep in (£73.89 per shift).
The Housing Support Worker role:
The scheme provides support & accommodation to young people aged 16-21 years. The scheme operates 24 hours, 7 days a week, across 365 days per year (incl. weekends & bank holidays).
Bramble Court provides support and accommodation for young people being referred through the Essex County Council gateway. The service accommodates and supports 16 & 17 years olds, Care leavers and some 18 to 21 years olds who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Responsibilities of our Housing Support Worker include:
- Provide/offer support to an individual tenant consistent with the Peabody principles.
- Promote the integration of the tenant into the local community and provide opportunities by which they will be enabled to develop skills and have access to the widest possible range of experiences.
- Ensure that the tenants needs are met by liaising with other organisations providing access to community-based services and resources.
- Ensure that the participation by the tenant in the management of all household tasks, through teaching and practical support.
- Involve the tenant in everyday household tasks where possible, and help to develop the skills needed to achieve this.
- Promptly report any complaints, accidents or unusual incidents to the relevant person.
- Undertake any other duties as assessed by the Manager in line with the needs of the service.
- Liaise with other external agencies e.g. for Benefits, Health professionals/agencies, local authorities.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records relating to all aspects of the tenants home.
- Participate in managing the income and expenditure of the house including residents’ finances and payment of bills.
What we’re looking for in our Housing Support Worker:
- Experience of providing support to the designated client group either in a volunteering or professional role.
- Understanding of housing support needs of the designated client group and benefits of a flexible, outcome focussed and personalised support service whilst supporting people to help themselves.
- Knowledge of related services provided by the statutory and voluntary sector
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and stakeholders in plain, easy to understand English, both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrable customer care skills.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet customer needs and service requirements, including working evenings and weekends where the service requires it.
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrable ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Comprehensive IT skills to include use of Microsoft Office and ability to maintain electronic records, with attention to detail.
Benefits of becoming our Housing Support Worker:
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays
- Paid Mileage at 45p per mile
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Annual pay review
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Housing Support Worker please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 20th April 2020