The Looked After Children’s team currently has 2 vacancies for Social Worker’s, the successful candidates will have experience of working with Looked After children this will include unaccompanied minors.
The looked After children team are responsible for progressing care proceedings and the successful candidate will need to have experience of care planning and court work, in addition the team work with children in long term fostering placements and those children who are being placed for adoption, social workers in the team undertake life story work with children and young people. Enfield Childrens Services are committed to ensuring that children have the best possible outcome and we work closely with partner agencies in Health and Education to ensure that we are aspirational for the children in our care.
If you think you would be interested in joining this committed team and improved the outcomes for Looked After Chidlren and would like more information, please feel free to contact.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- A Sabbatical scheme –allowing social workers to claim one month off after completing three years of service
- Flexible working arrangements – this includes working remotely
- Relocation package – Up to £8,000
- Cycle to work / bicycle hire scheme
- Foster Carer Policy – to attend essential meetings and training to support their role as a foster carer
- Premature Babies Policy – Recognises the additional challenges parents face following the birth of a premature baby
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 2nd April 2020
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Karen Alderton on 020 8132 2314 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.