Development Lead (DDM119)
Grade J (NSCP 32 – 36) £38,266 - £42,694 per annum (including 10% market supplement)
37 hours per week Plus National Essential Car User Allowance £963 Per annum
Do you want an opportunity to play a part in delivering a wide range of exciting, unique and diverse major projects which will have a positive impact on the community and its residents?
Who are we? The largest district council in the county, both geographically and in population. We have more than 135,000 residents, and the historic County Town of Stafford as its main centre. The Borough provides an interesting mix of urban and rural planning issues, and a variety of new challenges.
Development Management sits at the heart of this growth and our Corporate Business Plan. Stafford’s growth agenda is placing new demands on the service with large scale housing developments, expanding employment parks, and the potential for a new garden settlement – there’s a lot going on in Stafford.
Do you have the vision and ambition to deliver great places for people to live, work and enjoy? Are you driven by the challenge of working with developers to achieve the best possible environment for our communities? Do you want to make your mark?
If the answer is yes to all of the above, we’re looking for a Development Lead to lead one of two busy Development Management teams managing a small team of case officers.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- You need to be dynamic, highly motivated and innovative, taking a flexible approach to teamwork
- You must be confident in your ability to manage, support and develop your staff and be motivated to achieve positive outcomes for our customers
- You must be confident with taking on delegated authority for decision making
- You must be enthusiastic to work closely with our customers, Councillors and other stakeholders to provide expert advice on all aspects of Development Management
- You will need the ability to play a lead role in appeals, enforcement, major applications and local infrastructure projects
- Your excellent communication skills are essential in the continuous development and improvement of the service for our customers
- It is essential that you have a full, current driving licence and you will need to have full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website at: https://www.staffordbc.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers
Closing date for completed applications: Monday 30 March 2020
Interviews will be held: Week commencing Tuesday 14 April 2020