Peabody has an exciting opportunity for an Early Years Assistant, based in East Acton. You will join us on a part time, 12 month fixed term contract in return you will receive a competitive salary of £22,000 per annum/pro rata.
The Early Years Assistant will work within the Children’s Centre at Old Oak, alongside two Early Years and Family Practitioners and a Children’s Centre Lead. We’re looking for a person with experience in an early years setting who can help make the centre a warm, welcoming and stimulating learning environment for children and their families, enabling them to access the services they need.
Responsibilities of our Early Years Assistant include:
- Help provide a welcoming, stimulating and safe environment, appropriate to the needs of individual children.
- Assist with the planning of sessions in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Establish good relationships with children, parents and carers acting as a role model and encouraging children to interact and engage in activities with others.
- Assist in supporting families who find it hard to engage by encouraging them to do so.
- Assist in supervising all activities and encourage the learning and development of children both in individual and group situations both indoors and outdoors.
- Promote positive behaviour strategies and encourage children to take personal responsibility for their behaviour.
- Help provide an inclusive environment ensuring Children’s Centre activities are sensitive to and reflect the diverse backgrounds and abilities of the children.
- Assist in promoting healthy eating for young children through choice of snacks and ensure adherence to food and hygiene standards at snack time.
- Work alongside partner agencies to support their work ie. Speech and Language Therapists, Nutritionist, other specialists.
- Help maintain toys and equipment, ensuring regular cleaning and sterilising of equipment.
- Set up and clear away following activities in the Centre and involve children, parents and carers in clearing away.
- Support parents and carers inputting information into the children’s learning journeys.
- Help the Children’s Centre team maintain records of activities undertaken with families.
- Help ensure that the learning environment and equipment is kept clean, safe and in good order, reporting any damage or maintenance requirements to the relevant manager.
- Undertake these duties within agreed Centre policies and procedures, including those on Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
What we’re looking for in our Early Years Assistant:
- An early years qualification at level 3 or above
- Safeguarding qualification at level 3 or above
- Experience of working with children under 5 in a children’s centre or child care setting
- The ability to build strong working relationships with children and families
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and co-operatively within a small team
- Active commitment to equal opportunities, with the ability to work in culturally diverse communities and groups
- IT literate with the understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office effectively
Closing date: 26th February 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Early Years Assistant, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST